Salary range: $49,000 - $55,000
New Vision Wilderness (NVW), located in Medford, Wisconsin, is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention for struggling teens, pre-teens, and their families. With our relational approach and unique programming, NVW is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention. Located in the beautiful Midwest, staff who work in the Northwoods will love experiencing all four seasons in the natural setting of the pristine outdoors while also having access to trending cities like Saint Paul and Minneapolis, MN and Madison, WI.
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- strong culture of empathy, service, trusting relationships, growth, and results
- Canine therapy is integrated into treatment
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Work with adolescent and pre-teen population
- Live and work in a scenic area that experiences all four seasons
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Collaboration opportunities with other leading Mental Health Programs
- We are not a behavior modification program
- Great compensation based on experience
- Excellent benefits package
- This is a unique out-of-doors location in Medford, Wisconsin, where the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest covers more than 1.5 million acres of Wisconsin's Northwoods. For many, our location is a vacation destination, but you will LIVE here!
- Our program serves pre-teens and adolescents.
- We specialize in treating mental health struggles associated with developmental trauma, attachment, depression, anxiety, and addiction.
New Vision Wilderness is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to enriching the therapeutic and healing experience through the diversity of its employees and community. New Vision Wilderness Therapy seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse staff who will contribute to the organization's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society.
At New Vision Wilderness, we are deeply committed to the safety of our staff and students, which is why we seek out 3rd party oversight and accreditation to hold our program accountable to giving trauma responsive care. We are accredited by: the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, The Joint Commission, Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council, and Cognia. We also engage in regular safety review assessments to ensure we are providing safe, quality treatment for the students in our care. Our standard of care subscribes to a "build up the student" method, providing for their needs, developing trusting relationships, and healing the family unit.